It is my sincere wish that this message finds all of you healthy and happy. It’s not too early to start planning for our 2017 reunion which will be held in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, June 7th thru June 11th, at the Park Vista Hotel. It’s a beautiful hotel that sits on top of one of the Smokey Mountain foothills about a half mile outside the city……thus, no traffic or congestion of people to deal with. As stated before, a trolley comes up to the hotel every 20 minutes or so. Therefore, no need to drive anywhere unless you so desire. The trolley will take you any place in the city and go as far as Pigeon Forge for anyone who may wish to partake in any shopping, activities, or shows.
- The room rates are $124 for single, double, or quad.
- Should you decide to arrive on Tuesday, June 6th, (a day early), the room rates will still be the same.
- Our meeting name is Alpha Company, 2nd/12th Regiment, 25th Infantry Division.
- Call 1-800-421-7275 to book your room. Reservations are to be made no later than 12 a.m., May 8th, 2017. After that date, all unreserved rooms from our block will be released back to the hotel.
- Also, after that cut-off date, rates will be based on availability.
- Cancellations must be received 72 hours prior to arrival or one night’s room rate and tax will be assessed to you.
On Saturday night, June10th, at 6p.m., we will gather for dinner in the hotel’s banquet room. This will be a formal setting that is done in great taste, in a buffet style serving. Specific details of the meal have not been decided yet but I believe the price will be $40 per person. There will be more details on this after the New Year. Danny Breeding (host of our sister companies reunion….Charlie Co. ’69-’70) will be our guest speaker. He is a veteran’s service officer in Tennessee and I promise that you will love him as I do. Many guys from our group that have been to the C Company reunions respect him as well.
If you have anything you’d like to add to our reunion, please do so. After all, it’s your reunion. Don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me or Linda Lockwood with any suggestions. I’m looking forward to seeing many of you that have been to our past reunions and very hopeful of seeing new faces as well. Let’s make this one a BIG ONE and continue to grow in numbers!!!!!
God bless you all and safe travels.
Photos of Alpha Co. and Charlie Co. Vets today